Who is Bluespark?
Bluespark is a professional community first and a digital experience agency second. We are experts committed to delivering high quality results to all of our clients.
Where will you work?
Bluespark is a distributed company. That’s just a fancy way of saying that you can work from anywhere. The only requirement is that you be available for our standard working hours of 9 AM - 12 PM Central U.S. Time (time zone calculator). Most people work from home—wherever that may be—occasionally traveling to client sites, conferences, or trainings. The majority of our clients are based in the U.S.
Who should apply?
People who want to make a difference in the organization they work for. People who are interested in building a company that’s bigger than the four walls of a building -- a company that spans the globe and believes that its people are at the core of the value we add to the world. People who want to contribute to their team and the open source community. People who embody curiosity, awareness, resoluteness, and empathy -- who are flexible, proactive, and driven.
- Managing multiple medium and large-scale projects, including coordinating timelines, priorities, task assignments
- Facilitating project team’s efforts to estimate and plan work
- Working closely with clients and project team to understand requirements and translate them into project plans
- Working with management team to ensure projects are properly staffed and workloads are balanced
- Communicating project progress, priorities, timeline, and budget to clients and project team
- Providing regular updates on the health of projects to project team and stakeholders
- Developing strong working relationships with client contacts, built on trust and follow-through
- Identifying project risks, manage client expectations and control project scope
- Assisting business development team in scoping and estimating new client projects
- Managing scope extensions
- Growing the project management discipline at Bluespark
We are primarily a Drupal-based development shop. Knowledge of Drupal 7 and 8 is highly desired. However, if you lack Drupal experience, but bring other talents to the table, please apply anyway.
- At least three years of successful hands-on experience managing web development projects
- Experience managing complex websites that are comprised of some or all of the following: Commerce, Content Management, Marketing, Workflows.
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team that includes strategists, architects, designers, UX, frontend and backend development.
- Experience managing a remote team that is distributed across time-zones.
- Solid understanding of the technologies that power digital solutions including content management systems including Drupal and WordPress
- Strong ability to juggle tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ownership attitude with results-driven focus
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding small teams
- Superior communication skills with ability to smartly temper tone/response as needed
- Experience with JIRA and Scrum a plus
- Willingness to contribute outside your role
- Perpetually curious
- Excellent communication habits
- Professional and disciplined remote collaboration
- An excellent sense of humor