About STRING Marketing
STRING is a vibrant and growing digital marketing team dedicated to balancing excellence in our work and in our lives. We put people first in all we do. This means we value our clients and their dreams over formulas or technologies — and we value our lives, relationships and workday joy over pure profit. STRING team members are vested. We build long-term partnerships with our clients and with one another. Also, we laugh — a lot. We experiment. We occasionally fall on our faces and get up with better ideas than ever. We value growth, but we do it together. We value success, but only if we get to be honest and authentic along the way.
If this sounds lightweight and mushy, not so. Each of us brings decades of solid digital marketing and technology experience to the table. We join up knowing our stuff and with the habit of pushing our skills and knowledge forward. This is one of those teams where everyone can operate with autonomy, but we work together because it's better that way. So, if you sign on, you won't get any hand-holding, but we might all just hold hands. Awwww. : )
But, seriously, what do we DO?
STRING provides branding and marketing services to Registered Dietitians across the US and Canada. We deliver value-packed projects that launch and build RDN careers. Our process starts with Brand, Product, and Marketing Strategy and ends with a ready-to-launch website and marketing support materials. After the project, we continue to help our clients with hosting, design, content development and general marketing and technical support.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced project manager who knows their way around digital projects. You would be involved in day-to-day contact with our clients as well as leading our internal team to deliver and delight according to our promises. We place high value on communication skills, both written and verbal. The Digital Project Manager understands the scope and budget of the project and works within that to complete the project goals.
This position is ideal for someone that possesses the unique ability to span the human and technical elements of digital projects. You will be expected to leverage our tools and team to balance workload across multiple concurrent projects, even when the unexpected happens. You are the final point of quality before we hand off deliverables to our clients.
To sum it up, our Digital Project Manager will be effective in orchestrating project success through leading our team and client to achieve their brand strategy.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Perceptive and Practical: You are comfortable handling a heavy amount of “intake,” quickly and effectively sorting out and prioritizing tasks to efficiently meet a deadline.
- Intentional: Your working style is geared towards creating order and you enjoy creating and perfecting processes.
- A skilled communicator: You are a good listener and can understand what the client's true needs are. You are also an effective writer that uses common courtesies and is able to articulate details while still being receptive of the needs of the receiver.
- Detail-oriented: You have excellent organization skills, are quick to notice errors or missing pieces and strive to bring things to completion in a neat and orderly way.
- Be the calming and motivating force in leading the project to help the team deliver, even if things aren’t going right.
- Act as the primary point of contact for client communications from on-boarding through project launch.
- Manage project timelines and deliverable quality
- Keep on top of issues and risks to address problems in a timely manner.
- Update systems and documentation, including budget tracking, to ensure accurate information is available to the project team and agency leadership.
- Provide clear documentation of requirements, scope change requests, and project communications to ensure that all open loops are closed.
- Understand and manage the technical details of the project to be able to answer questions from the project team or clients.
- Be a key client liaison where you understand their history and current needs to develop a great relationship built on mutual trust.
- Educate clients on the project process and help them to navigate our world while being sensitive to their unique needs.
- Be the final check of quality so we delight our clients with everything we do.
- Continually learn and grow as part of the STRING Marketing team and in your role as Digital Project Manager.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in digital project management
- Confident in coordinating with virtual teams
- Remote work experience of 2 years or more
- High level of organization and scheduling skills
- Translates technical jargon into plain english
- Manage vendor relationships
- Understands and applies formal project management methodologies
- Familiarity or experience with Teamwork Projects
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Ability & desire to give honest feedback and insight when needed.
- Fanatically organized with the ability to handle change and the unexpected turn of events that can happen with digital projects
- Mid-level understanding of WordPress development to the extent of managing a website build. Must be able to identify needs within a project, for instance if a custom post type is the best approach. You will not need to build the websites, but you need to have enough understanding to fully manage the development process.
- High level understanding of email marketing platforms: Convert Kit, Mailchimp, Active Campaign
- Basic understanding of analytics and other tracking tools
- SEO basics
- Basic graphic and photo editing skills
- General understanding and experience with digital marketing, funnels and opt-ins
- WordPress, including interactions and troubleshooting of themes and plugins
- HTML and CSS
- Beaver Builder (or other builder knowledge that can transfer)
- Domains, DNS and email systems understanding
- SFTP and SSH
- Familiarity with varied hosting environments and control panel is useful, but not required
- Up to 30 hours/ week
- Contract to hire
- Pay based on experience and skill set.